The Northern Lights Coupon Book

Alaska Discount Coupons - The Locals' Secret to affordable Travel to Alaska!             Alaska,discount,coupons,travel,coupon,discounts,deal,deals,tour,tours,visit,vacation,vacations,book,two,for,one,two-for-one,2-for-1,trip,to,Alaska,cruise,cruises,hotel,hotels,code,Alaskan
In my opinion, there are two ways to use coupon books.  One way is to let the coupon book make the decisions for you: "Oh, we have a coupon for this restaurant.  We need to eat here."  The other way is to make your own decisions, and use a coupon if you have it.  I take the second approach, which means I don't use as many coupons as other folks.  Still - even for me - the Northern Lights Coupon Book was an outstanding investment in my Kenai Peninsula trip.

I'll not try to describe the book, other than to say it is about the same size and a bit thicker that a small phone book.  I believe I paid $57 including shipping.  I think I probably saved about $300 using the coupon book.

The largest number of coupons are for restaurants, and a majority are in Anchorage.  Still, many are in the Kenai, and the coupons I used were for boat tours and attractions.  Many/most coupons are two-for-one.

So, check-out the link, view the list of offers, and see if the Northern Lights book is for you.  I would do it again, in a heartbeat.


Note: the 2011 book is listed online as "sold-out," so the 2012 version will be the next version available.  Still, you can look at the offers included in the 2011 book and get a good idea if this is a good deal for you.

I guess I used about 10 coupons from this massive book.  No business said anything negative about the coupon, and I certainly was not treated any differently.  In fact, many were pleased that their investment in the coupon book actually brought them some business!  One vendor said, "My three competitors put coupons in the book, and if I don't I lose business."  So - if you're feeling bad about getting a free boat ride or museum entrance, DON'T.  It was their idea!

Tips...

  • Make your own decisions, check the list of coupons online, and see if the Northern Lights coupon book works for you.
  • If you decide to buy the coupon book, buy before you make reservations.  Most day-tour operators need to know you plan to use a coupon.
  • Get a pad of Post-its and mark the coupons that look interesting.