Okay - Gotta Tell You About Teddy's

After completing this blog, I plan to write-up our lodging reviews on TripAdvisor. (My TripAdvisor reviewer name is "Expecting Quality.")  I use TripAdvisor every time I plan an out-of-town trip.

But I would would be remiss if I failed to make special mention of Teddy's Inn the Woods in this blog.  We really enjoyed our stay at Teddy's and will definitely make plans to stay there on future Alaska trips.  Is it possible to miss a place where you've only spent a few days?  If so, I miss Teddy's.

Here is a link to the TripAdvisor page for Teddy's complete with photos.  Here is my TripAdvisor review of Teddy's.

Don't get the wrong impression: Teddy's Inn the Woods isn't a luxury hotel.  It is basically a one-bedroom apartment over the garage, at their family home located between Moose Pass and Seward.  When staying at Teddy's you will be the only guests.  The location is very peaceful, and the hosts are very friendly.  And did I mention the breakfasts?  Judge for yourself.

Overnight french toast, fresh strawberries,
and reindeer sausage.
















Scrambled eggs, smoked salmon, and bagels.
Teddy's husband smoked the salmon.















The first couple of days we had wonderful pastries and waffles.  When Teddy asked us what else we liked for breakfast, we just said, "Surprise us," and she really outdid herself the remaining two days.  Teddy delivers the breakfast herself, and you can eat inside, or on either deck.  We ate on the deck facing the woods, and it was a real treat.  We found ourselves spending at least an hour over our morning meals, and just relaxing on the deck.  When we returned in the evening, it felt like home.

The apartment could sleep 6 comfortably, but I think it would be best for a two-person getaway.  I'm just not sure children and teens could really appreciate it.  But we sure did!